I'm just starting the interior design program at my school, and I have an assignment to interview an Interior Design professional about the field. If you're an interior designer and would be wiling to spend a couple minutes answering some questions, I would really appreciate it.
1. Tell me about being a professional in your area of the interior design industry.
2. How long have you been working in the interior design industry or a related field?
3. How is the field changing?
4. What do you do on a typical day?
5. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
6. What is the most difficult part about getting into this field?
7. How do most people prepare for this job and what skills are needed?
8. Do you need a Bachelors degree or can you do fine with an Associates degree?
9. In your opinion, what are the benefits of completing an internship during the education process?
10. What personality traits are needed in this field?
11. What are the entry-level positions? What salary range can a person expect for an entry-level position?
12. Do you have set or flexible hours?
13. Do you know of any companies or people that I could contact about openings in this field?